2012PPflyerOn Sunday 2 December Port People Inc wish to invite you, your family and your friends again to ‘Celebration in the Park’, a community festival in Garden City Reserve, (Melways ref p. 56, K2). The festival will run from 1 pm to 4.30 pm.
The aims of this celebration are to:
• Celebrate the park and the community which helped to found and save it
• Have a Christmas picnic where you can meet your neighbours, have fun, try some new activities, meet your local MP, the new Mayor and Councillor, and representatives of various local groups and organisations.
The following activities are planned:
• Father Xmas on a fire or SES truck
• Zumba, Salsa and Morris dancing demos and classes
• Fun dog competitions (dog most like its owner, best-dressed, cutest trick, waggiest tail, most drool, with most Christmas spirit, cutest ears). Great prizes!
• Xmas carols and cool tunes from Cadence Choir
• Hip hop/reggae session with well-known Jamaican Australian, Ru. C.L.
• Dances with dogs demo and workshop
• Sports clinics by Colts and Soccer Club
• Face painting, dancing, games and other entertainment for children
• The Great Gizmo
• Meeting local MP Martin Foley; the new Mayor, Amanda Stevens; Deputy Mayor, Serge Thomann; our Councillor, Bernadine Voss; and Emerald Hill Councillor, Anita Horvath.
• Performance by The Stringlets
• Dog obedience demo by Hobsons Bay Dog Club
• Tai chi demo and workshop
• Displays by local groups (Historical Society, Beach Patrol, Hobson’s Bay Dog Club & others) and Council regarding local matters such as Murphy’s Reserve
• Music from local talents Ivan Pero and Ralph Poppenbeek
• How to communicate with your dog talk
• Sausage sizzle and other catering facilities
• 50% off dog washes
Bring a picnic, and your on-leash dog(s).
Prizes for the dog competitions consist of vouchers from Command Dog Training, Jim’s Dog Wash and hamper from Nature’s Gift.
If you have any queries, or concerns on the day, please contact the coordinator, Patsy Poppenbeek, on 0409026009.
There will be low volume amplified music.
This event has been funded by grants from the City of Port Phillip and Port of Melbourne Corporation.
Sponsors include Biggin Scott, Command Dog Training, Jim’s Dog Wash, Lagoon Sweets, Nature’s Gift, Page Avenue Design, and You Can Dance studio.