At Council last night we released for public consultation some proposed new local laws. Most of these have been ongoing requests from residents that will help improve the community amenity.
* introducing the ability for Council to designate an area as being “smoke free”
* ensuring trailers can no longer be stored on Council roads and land
* alterations to laws concerning illegal campers with improved provisions for enforcement
* improved laws around when rubbish can be collected
* introducing controls over the installation of audible intruder alarms that cease to turn off and continue to disturb neighbours
* maximum number of animals and birds that may be kept without a permit.
For more information and to have your say about the proposed changes please see http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay to make a submission.