Nominations for the Community Grants Assessment Panel 2014-2016 Closing Soon!!
The City of Port Phillip is seeking residents interested in a two year voluntary appointment role as an Assessment Panel Member for the annual Community Grants Program. Applications made to the Community Grants Program are assessed by two assessment panels, each consisting of a councillor, council officer and two community representatives.
Criteria for selection:
• Resident of Port Phillip.
• Commitment to supporting and strengthening a diverse community that encourages the participation & inclusion of all residents.
• Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and human rights principles and practice.
• Knowledge of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of the Port Phillip community.
• Knowledge of the local community sector and an understanding of local networks.
• Involvement in local community including but not limited to: clubs, organisations, committees and groups.
• Understanding of Local Governments role in the community.
• Experience in the administration of community funded projects is desirable.
• Available for three evening meetings between mid April and mid May annually.
• Internet access.
Applications will be accepted until midday Monday 9 December 2013 go to http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/community_grants.htm
for a nomination form, or for further information please contact Emma Blackford on 9209 6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org