Held at the Port Melbourne Trugo Club – Tucker Ave
Come along if you live around the Port Melbourne Primary School and have ideas for how to improve the roads, traffic and walkability.
This forum is your chance to let me know your ideas, as well as develop better relationships with Council, Council officers, Primary School and local residents.
Come and hear about some pedestrian crossing changes, road changes and what the future Schools plans are.
With 80,000 residences and 40,000 workers destined for Fisherman’s Bend, we need to ensure early delivery of a sustainable integrated transport network that minimises road congestion and parking demands.
* Pre-event 5-6.30pm informal networking event
* Main event 6.45pm for a 7pm start
State election candidates will be there to answer your questions on transport.
This is what you can do
1. Join the discussion forum pre-event to discuss Councils transport priorities
2. RSVP to Main event – via MTV website http://www.transportforum.org.au/port_phillip
3. Join the discussion forum and post your views about the questions asked
4. Have your say – post a video question (QandA style). These questions will be provided to the local candidates on the night.
5. Use the #transportforumpp for your tweets
6. Encourage others to join in
We want to ensure your voice is heard at this event by any of the above methods possible.
What is the event Format?
This forum will be a Q & A type of forum. The Mayor will facilitate the event.
The Albert Park electorate Candidates have accepted the invitation to this event to speak about their transport priorities and respond to questions from the floor.
CoPP are also asking the community to provide questions through a social media campaign and encouraging the community to attend to ask question from the floor. One question from CoPPs Have Your Say page will be used to open the event by the Mayor.
At Council last night we released for public consultation some proposed new local laws. Most of these have been ongoing requests from residents that will help improve the community amenity.
* introducing the ability for Council to designate an area as being “smoke free”
* ensuring trailers can no longer be stored on Council roads and land
* alterations to laws concerning illegal campers with improved provisions for enforcement
* improved laws around when rubbish can be collected
* introducing controls over the installation of audible intruder alarms that cease to turn off and continue to disturb neighbours
* maximum number of animals and birds that may be kept without a permit.
For more information and to have your say about the proposed changes please see http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay to make a submission.
Tuesday 11th of December will see our first council meeting at the Port Melbourne Town Hall
6pm start – Ordinary council meeting
7pm Statutory Planning meeting
If you want to see what it is all about – come along.
4. Petitions and Joint letters
8.1 Inner Melbourne Action Plan Annual report 2011 -2012
8.2 Amendment C97 – Energy and Efficient Design Policy
8.3 Amendment C84
8.4 Presentation of 2012 Audit Committee Annual report to council
10 Reports by Council delegates