Come and join us for arts and crafts workshops as part of the Creative SustainAbility event on Thursday 6 June 4.30 – 7.30 pm at St Kilda Town Hall.
• Indigenous Plant Illustration with Trace Balla
• Sustainable Ikebana: Japanese Flower Arrangement using Native Plants
• Natural Indigo Dyeing – reinvent your old clothes
• Treasures from Country – indigenous craft with Yarn Strong Sista
• Recycling is Fun – making yoyos and puppets
You can book in for two workshops of your choice, with the first one starting at 4.45 pm and second one at 5.45 pm. Please tell us your preferences and book in quickly due to limited places!
Bookings are not required for other activities on the night:
• Making an art installation with a wide range of found plastics;
• Create an interactive mandala;
• Bring your Bike to decorate – yarn-bomb your handlebars;
• Explore the Volcano Dreaming diorama; and
• Create a SustainAbility Poster workshop.
More information about the workshops and facilitators can be found here.
On the night, we will also be launching the Creative SustainAbility exhibition of local artists in The Gallery at 6 pm.
And stay around to learn Boonwurrung stories performed through dance and story-telling from 6.30 pm. Or just kick back and enjoy live music and sustainability short films.
Delicious food is provided and drinks served for the exhibition launch.
Discover. Create. Have fun. Be inspired. This event celebrates World Environment Day 2013.
See you there!
Sustainable Programs Team
T: 9209 6548
For information on ways to get involved in making Port Phillip a more sustainable community, visit our Community Environment eHub.
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/enviroehub
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/enviroehub